- We believe that the Bible is verbally inspired and that it is the final authority in all matters of faith, doctrine, and practice. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose through the ages.
- We believe that there is only one true and living God, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that salvation is “by grace,” plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions of salvation are repentance and faith.
- We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the personal, visible, and premillennial return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the everlasting, conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, converts the repentant, seals God’s children, and endues them with soul-winning power.
- We believe the so called charismatic experience is both a doctrinal and practical error and, therefore, neither are to be sought nor practiced.
- We believe that the Word of God is sufficient for doctrine and instruction in righteousness and that both Armenian and Calvinistic doctrines are to be shunned in favor of Bible doctrine.
Position on the King James Bible
The Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of the living God and is the final authority in all matters of faith, doctrine, and practice. Not only was it inspired when God caused it to be written, but it is preserved today.
The King James Bible is the Word of God and is reliable, trustworthy, accurate, and proven. The King James Bible is the only Bible used and upheld in all teaching and preaching at Oklahoma Baptist College and is the only Bible sold in our bookstore.
Although we take this position on the King James Bible, we do not fall into the censorious character of many of our brethren who take this same position on the Bible.