- Married men must be at least twenty years old by registration day.
- Married women must be at least eighteen years old by registration day.
- All single students under twenty-five must live in the dormitory, unless otherwise approved by the administration.
- Three personal references, including one from the student’s pastor, must be received by the dean.
- Applicants who have not completed high school must complete the GED test before the start of their initial semester.
- Applicants must provide a valid driver’s license or a State ID card and social security card.
- Foreign students must satisfy all Federal requirements.
Students planning to attend college for the first time should use the following checklist for applying to Oklahoma Baptist College.
- Obtain (by mail or download from the Oklahoma Baptist College website) and fill out the application packet completely.
- Attach a recent photograph.
- Enclose the non-refundable application fee of $50.00 for US citizens and $150 for foreign students.
- Request an official high school transcript or GED diploma be sent directly to the college office.
- Have a medical doctor complete the medical form included in the application packet.
- Mail the completed packet to: Oklahoma Baptist College, 5517 NW 23rd, OKC, OK 73127. Be sure to include any merit award or work study program paperwork.
Transfer students should use the following checklist for transferring to Oklahoma Baptist College. Upon receiving all information, the college office will notify the prospective student, in writing, of his/her standing with Oklahoma Baptist College.
- Complete steps 1 through 6 in the First-Time Students section.
- Request each college or junior college attended to send a complete, official transcript directly to the college office.
Transfer students must be in good standing (academic, financial, etc.) at previous schools attended. Credit is given for all courses equivalent to courses offered in this catalog and for which a grade of “C” or better was earned. An evaluation of the transfer student’s transcript must be made by the appropriate department head and approved by the registrar to determine acceptable credits as well as the student’s classification. Transfer students having a cumulative GPA of less than 2.00 (semester basis) in all courses taken at all other schools will be accepted on academic probation. At least thirty (30) credits must be earned in residence at Oklahoma Baptist College to qualify for a diploma and graduate.
Students not in attendance during the current or previous semester (excluding summer school session) must complete and bring up to date all first-time or transfer student entrance requirements as stated above. All necessary fees will need to be paid and then the student will be informed of their student classification.
Transcripts showing successful completion of correspondence courses of any kind are not normally accepted for credit toward the diploma programs. Any request for an exception to this policy must be made in writing to the dean; each exception must be approved by the administration on a one-time basis.
Recognizing that not all applicants will have educational backgrounds which fit the Oklahoma Baptist College application packet, the administration will consider applications on an individual basis.
We welcome students from other countries. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. Download this form and send it to us with the other admission forms.